About Our Clubs:
The YEC program exists to provide elementary and high school students the opportunity to expand their educational horizons. The goal is to learn about various aspects of U.S. culture and ways of life including values, language, norms, sports, music, literature, film, painting, the political system as well as history and heritage.
Club workshops are led by qualified leaders with years of experience, many of whom are native speakers.
Club interaction encourages self-reliance and free-thinking, enabling members to become creative young thinkers, thereby improving knowledge and skills that can help produce well-rounded members of society to lead future generations.
Club members take part in regular weekly workshops incorporating various concepts and activities in this year-long program which uses a strict “English only” policy.
Given the different levels of competence in English, our club members gather in small groups according to their age and ability level. Our goal is for every student to be actively involved in a group that suits his or her competence. The program is enriched by additional English opportunities and these activities provide a diversified experience. The activities include trips to museums, parks, sporting events, theaters, cinemas, etc.
ADDITIONAL CONTENT FOR OUR MEMBERS
- All members can use our library
- American classics, Indian literature, human rights, etc.
- During the year, fun and additional activities are organized to give students the opportunity to serve English in different circumstances
- Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter
- Excursions to museums, parks, sports events, theaters, etc.
All parents whose children attend YEC are entitled to a discount of 20% on the price of the English language course for adults, or they can organize individual classes with discounts.
The program runs from 17.9.2018. until June 14, 2019. (approx. 130 hours)
- Winter holidays last from 20.12.18. to 13.1.19.
- Spring holidays last from 17.4.19. to 28.4.19.
- Other non-working days: 8.10., 1.11., 1.5.
Parent meetings are held in October and February